Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A day late - Sorry!

Sorry I didn't email yesterday! The stinkin library was closed. Of course. I was so excited to have a perfect first p-day with my greenie, Sister V, and pretty much everything that could have gone wrong did! It was not great. But she's a good sport.

Sister V is awesome. She came pre-trained. Like literally, she used to be a Jehovah's Witness, so she already knows how to knock doors!!! Haha it's wonderful. She's a convert of about 4 years, and she has a testimony that burns brightly within her. She can't even contain it. She's already leading lessons and has no fears and I am so proud of her! I think she's actually training me and President just forgot to mention that.

She's from Sequim, WA, so not very far from Edmonds!!! She's certainly making it easier for me to check off my bucket list item of visiting all of my mission companions. She's the only member of the Church in her family but she has a great ward family who are so supportive. She loves music and theater and was going to be an Opera major at Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle but now she's not sure what she wants to do. A mission will do that to ya :P

We had a really great first week and we worked so hard. Every night I came home sweaty and exhausted and ready to hit my pillow. It's been over 100 degrees every day and basically all we've done is go tracting! We found 8 new people to teach and we had some really great lessons with investigators and members. The members are really stepping up their missionary efforts and we got 5 solid referrals this week! That was really exciting.

We tracted into this one old man who is a Mennonite (there are tons of Mennonites here) and he was telling us about his experience going to a Mennonite church in another state. He said that at the end of the service all the men were going around and embracing and kissing each other (like big man hugs with a kiss on the cheek? I think??) and he thought to himself "Whoooaaa they better not kiss me!" So I said, "You're not much of a kisser?" and he looked at me and said "You wanna try me??" IT WAS SO FUNNY. And his wife was in the other room haha. Awkward!

I started the Book of Mormon over this week and I'm marking all the references to Christ and keeping track of how many different names I find for him. I'm almost done with 2 Nephi and I've got about 60 names of Christ so far! Most importantly, my testimony has been strengthened so much already of His infinite goodness and divinity. I know that He is my Savior and Redeemer, my Comforter and my Counselor. With Him all things are possible, and through Him I have found so much joy and peace in my life. I know that the Book of Mormon truly is another testament of Christ and anyone who reads it will come closer to Him. I'm so grateful that the Lord has once again reached out in love and revealed more of His word through the scriptures and through a modern day prophet!

I love this work and I love my Savior. I also love all of you and I'm so grateful for the immense support you all give me. I couldn't do it without you!

Love,
Sister Koenig

No comments:

Post a Comment