Monday, June 2, 2014

I SURVIVED MY FIRST TRANSFER!!! (This is the June 2nd update a bit late)

Only 12 more transfers to go! That seems like a lot....but I know it will just fly by! By this time next week I will have been on my mission for 2 months!

This past week was great. We lost 2 of our favorite Sisters - one went home and the other is being transferred to the Western Slope. I will miss them!!! Mission life is sad like that - you meet the most amazing people, and then they're just gone from your life! :(  No tornadoes this week - thankfully. That was quite the experience haha. We did have a couple lightning storms though. We have a storm almost every day around 3 pm. I love lightning!!! It's the best.



We had a cool tracting session this week. We tried to see one of our investigators but she wasn't home, so we decided to tract her street. We managed to teach a couple people, and gave out a few pamphlets, and it was all good. Then we came up to this one house and as we were walking up to the door, this wasp appeared out of nowhere and was flying around Sister O's head. She tried to swat it away but it kept flying around her head. Then, right as she was reaching to push the doorbell, the wasp flew RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DOORBELL and hovered there! It didn't move! We instantly knew that we were NOT supposed to ring that bell, and we were out of there in a second. It was scary! I got chills! I know that the Lord uses animals to do His work sometimes.

Then the next door we walked up to, we rang the bell, and there was movement in the window. Sister O put on her biggest smile, and in the nicest voice she could muster, she said "Hi!!!!" Then she paused and said "Wait, is that a DOG?!" This dog was just sitting in the window, and she thought it was a person. I started cracking up, and then she said "I have never spoken so nicely to an animal" hahahaha good times. It was so funny.

Anyway, that's about it! Sorry this isn't longer! I love you all!!!!!!!

Love, Sister Koenig

No comments:

Post a Comment