Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Christmas was wonderful!!!!! The best one I've had yet. I truly came to understand and know the true meaning of Christmas, which is our Savior Jesus Christ. I love Him and I am sooo eternally grateful for what He has done for me and what He continues to do for me each day!!!

I am also grateful to be on my mission, helping others to come to know Him better as well. I am staying in this area for another transfer, and I am very excited about it. I don't know who my new companion will be, but I will find out tomorrow when I meet her!!! But I can already tell you that I know she'll be amazing because all of God's children are amazing :)

The people here truly made this Christmas special as well. All the members are so kind to us and they have done so much for us!! GJ7th will always hold a big place in my heart. My companion, Sister Keavali, is getting transferred tomorrow - she's been here for 9 months!!! How crazy is that?? That's literally half her mission in one ward, and I don't think she would change it for a thing. She and I have already planned out when we are going to be coming back here and visiting haha. We gotta come back when the G family goes through the temple, of course!! :D :D We are pretty excited.
On Tuesday night my Zone went caroling!!! It was great. We saw different companionship's investigators and drove around and sang and it was a blast. And I met a goat!!! He was super sweet. I've decided now that I want a pet goat.

Me and my goat friend!

We had dinner with the G family on Christmas Eve, and I got to Skype my family from there!!! It seemed like just a few weeks ago that I was Skyping them on Mother's Day and thinking that Christmas was an eternity away. How strange. Have I mentioned lately how much I love the G family???? Because I just love em a lot.

Christmas Skype!




On Christmas Day we got to go to one of my favorite houses - the H home!!! They feed us every Friday night. I ADORE Sister H. She is sooooo sweet to us and I don't know what I would do without her!!! I got to Skype the Mitchells from there and that was great too. It was weird not being home for Christmas, but at the same time it feels like Colorado has become my home and I can't imagine not spending the Holidays here!!!!!!

Sister Keavali tried to Skype on Christmas day buuuut it didn't work!!! Dang Fiji....so we had to try again on the 26th. It worked, and I got to meet her family and they were all speaking in Fijian and I had no idea what they were saying but it was GREAT. And we got to sing to them in Fijian which was a blast!!! And then at church yesterday, Sister Keavali and the Elders and I sang "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" and Sister Keavali and I sang a verse in Fijian. I'm basically fluent, tbh.

Thank you all for the support you've given me for the past 8 months, and for the continued support you will give me for these next 10 months!!! I can't believe I've almost hit my halfway mark, it just is unreal. Time is so short and we really can't afford to waste a second!!! This year I challenge all of you to take some time to assess how you can make the most of this short time you have on this earth. It really is so quick, but it determines how you will spend the rest of eternity. No pressure!!! Haha :D But really just decide if the things you are doing are bad, or good, or the BEST things you could be doing. Always choose the best!!!

Sister Missionary Fun

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and that you continue to remember the Savior each day in your life. I love you all!!!!

Sister Koenig

No comments:

Post a Comment