Monday, January 26, 2015

What a Week!

Hello everyone. So on Wednesday we had a big Zone Conference and it was great. They told us all these new goals for our mission and different tools to help us to reach those goals. One thing they want us to start doing is putting people on date for baptism after we teach them the first lesson. That's going to be pretty intense, but it'll be great. I was SO stoked to go out and start doing all these new things that they want us to do, but I guess God had a different plan.....

I've been sick since January 1st, with a nasty cold thing. It's left me pretty tired and drained all the time and it's not super fun. But I was starting to get over it. After Zone Conference I had the brilliant idea to ask my Mission President for a Priesthood blessing to help me fully overcome the cold. He and an Elder gave me a blessing and it was really good and powerful and I was excited about it because I thought I would be instantly healthy. But I guess God had a different plan......

We went to a member's house for dinner right after I got that blessing and I started to feel a little nauseous. I thought I would be ok, and that the nausea would pass. But I guess God had a different plan.....

We went out to teach some other people and I started feeling more nauseous. We finished out the night and came home and planned and I thought I would be able to go to bed and wake up feeling better. But I guess God had a different plan.....

I threw up. And then I continued to throw up until Saturday night. I guess that was God's plan.

So we had a really boring week. I spent a lot of time with my companion Sister Pearson. Good thing I love her to death. We really got to know each other better during those three days haha. We also made a transfer board and decided which Sisters are going to be companions next transfer, and who the STLs are going to be. I'm either going to be with Sister Wetzel or Sister Knecht....or I'll be training. I'll keep you posted.

Oh the less-active teenager that we're teaching came to church on Sunday!!! It was so great. She brought her friend who she is sharing the gospel with! And then we went to her house afterward and her friend was there and she just went on a roll about all the things she has taught her friend and it was the greatest thing ever. She's the most amazing little missionary I've ever met. Missionary work is the bestest thing ever! You should all share the gospel with your friends and family and everyone! Also, the Priesthood is restored! And Jesus Christ lives! And the Book of Mormon is the Word of God!!!!

Love,

Sister Koenig

No comments:

Post a Comment