Monday, February 2, 2015

It's February!!!!!!!

Whoa guys. January went by wayyyyy too fast, and next week I will have been out on my mission for 10 months! That's freaky!!! This past week was great. I am healed! I am no longer sick. That right there is a miracle, let me tell you. We also did a lot of finding and teaching which was so great. I love missionary work. Staying inside for too long is awful.

I tried so hard this week to implement the new mission goals and tools, especially teaching lessons with the pamphlets and putting people on date for baptism after the first lesson. I asked 3 people to be baptized, which was exciting. Only one said a solid yes, but the other two are promising! There is one part-member family that we are working with, and the husband is not a member, but he's letting us teach him. We taught this AMAZING lesson about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and really emphasized the Priesthood, and baptism, and how the Priesthood was taken from the earth for a time but then restored through Joseph Smith, and it was one of the greatest lessons I've ever taught. It was so clear, and simple, and we thought he was really understanding the importance of that Priesthood power. I asked him, "Do you believe that Joseph Smith received the Priesthood from Christ's apostles?" and he said "Yes." He also believes that Joseph Smith is a prophet, and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. So then I said "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the Priesthood authority of God?" and he said "I've already been baptized." In the Baptist church, when he was a kid. In my head I was like NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! GAH YOU DON'T GET IT" but out loud I said "Yes, but will you be baptized by the PRIESTHOOD AUTHORITY?" and he said "I don't know." So we’ll see what happens next.

We've also been teaching these young girls lately. 2 of them are sisters. We asked the N family in our ward if we could bring them for a Family Home Evening a few weeks back, and they said of course. Only one came, but she loved it, so the next week the other one came too, and their friend A came. Well, the N family told all of the girls that if they ever needed anything, they just needed to call and ask them. They gave them their number and were just soooo kind to these girls.

The friend they brought LOVES the things that were taught at Family Home Evening. At first A was sooo shy and nervous, but by the end of the night she loved it and was involved and answering questions and she even prayed! Then a few days later I guess she called the N family and they invited her to stay over for the weekend. This was a couple weeks ago.

Then she was there at the last Family Home Evening, a week ago. And then this last weekend she stayed with the family again because her mom went out of town and she needed a place to stay. The family texted us yesterday morning and said "A just asked if she can be baptized, and she asked Brother N to baptize her." Uhhhh, ok!!!!! We got the text and we were freaking out. It was so cool. That kind of thing just doesn't happen.

She came to church yesterday, and loved it, and then we went over last night and taught her about the Restoration. In order to get baptized, of course she first has to take the missionary lessons. We also have to make sure it's ok with her mom, because she has to give permission. But we don't think that will be a problem, because the mom keeps telling people "I don't care what church she goes to, it's making her a better person!" and stuff like that. There are a couple of other issues too, so please pray that everything will work out there the way it needs to!

We got a new Bishop yesterday, which was pretty exciting. There were soooooo many people at church because of that. It was intense. They were passing the sacrament and they passed around the water, but not everyone got it. So they had a couple young men come back and grab the trays and pass them to those who didn't get it. They were really afraid because they were running out of water cups really fast! The Stake President got up while they were doing that and talked about the meaning and importance of the Sacrament, and said that if they ran out of cups they would prepare more. And then he explained the Priesthood and the importance of that when blessing and passing the sacrament. It was SO COOL, because they literally had the exact right amount of cups. There was not a single extra.

Transfers are next week, and I am sad because Sister Pearson leaves me to go back to Denver on Monday :( She is headed home on the 11th!!!! Weird. So I will be companion-less for a day...and I'll have to find some other Sisters to hang out with. And then the next day I will get a new companion! I really think I'm staying in this area, so I don't need to worry about that. And I'm so grateful because I LOVE GRAND JUNCTION 7TH WARD. It is quite possibly one of the greatest places on earth. I love love love it.

I can't think of anything else that happened this week. We literally ran from house to house on Saturday while we were tracting, which was very entertaining. How many of you have seen Sister Missionaries booking it down the street? Lol.

I hope you all have a great week and a fantastic month!

Love,
Sister Koenig

No comments:

Post a Comment