Monday, November 17, 2014

I'm Staying in GJ7th with Sister Keavali with the BEST MEMBERS EVER!!!!

Yeah we got transfer news on Saturday, and nothing is changing. Woot woot! That means I get to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas here :) YAY!

Staying together for the holidays!

The work is going well. We did a lot of finding this week and we found a great family that has a lot of potential. There wasn't anything too exciting this week though, sorry! Sister Keavali and I heart-attacked the G family this week. That was fun :)

On Thursday we had a really awesome last District Meeting of the transfer. Our District Leader asked everyone in advance what their favorite snack was, and then he bought it for all of us. But he didn't give it to us right away - he said we had to earn it. In order to earn mine, I had to sing everything - I wasn't allowed to talk - for 2 hours! Sister Keavali earned hers by sitting in a little kid chair in the corner, facing the wall haha. Another missionary had to speak in Spanish the whole time, and even do a training like that, and another spoke in a British accent, and another had to stand on one leg the whole time, and another had to pinch his nose every time he spoke, and another had to whisper everything she said. It was great. And then we took gangsta pics. We're the coolest district ever, I know.

Our gangsta district!

How we actually all look :)

It's been reeeeally cold lately and I'm kind of freezing all the time. It's fantastic. This morning I showered and then went outside to feed the chickens and turkeys for the people we live with. BY THE WAY, they are THE BEST PEOPLE EVER!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!! HI MOMMA ALLISON, THIS IS YOUR SHOUTOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D Anyway, I was wearing flip flops and a knee-length skirt and a half-sleeve light sweater. It was probably 17 degrees....yeah. Poor outfit choice, I know. I was out there for like 10 minutes and I went up to run my fingers through my hair and MY HAIR WAS FROZEN!!!!!!!!!! That's when you know it is truly cold outside. Eek.

On Friday night we went to a baptism for a lady in the neighboring ward. She is 94 years old, and she's just now getting baptized!!!!!! It was soooo cool. Her son used to be a Bishop in that ward, and she has been going for a long time, but just never got baptized. I guess she has another son in Denver who is a Baptist preacher or something...I don't know. Anyway, the Sisters in that ward went over to her house one time and said "Grandma Ruth, what do you have against being baptized?" and she said "Nothing" and they said "Well, will you be baptized then?" and she said "Sure." haha oh man I hope and pray to have experiences like that. Then they said "Grandma Ruth, how long have you known that the Church was true?" and she turned to her son (the former Bishop) and said "How long ago did you move to Denver?" and he said "26 years ago....." and she said "Yeah, since then." Hahahaha oh goodness. Anyway, now she's been baptized and confirmed, and in a year she can go through the temple, and then she can die and start her next journey!!!

Oh hey, btw, mail is always appreciated....hint hint, nudge nudge..... Here are some tips!
https://www.lds.org/new-era/1973/06/letters-clippings-candy-what-to-send-to-a-missionary?lang=eng
https://www.lds.org/new-era/2007/03/missionary-mail?lang=eng

I love you all! Have the best week of your life!

Love,
Sister Koenig

No comments:

Post a Comment