Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 2!


Hello everyone!! I survived Week 2 in Colorado!!! It was a strange week haha.

Tuesday I had the stomach flu! It was awful. We had to stay home all day and cancel all of our appointments. It was terribly boring, but it was nice to sleep all day and I felt way better the next day. And my companion was such a good sport about it.

Wednesday we taught this couple, R and T, who are devout Roman Catholics. I love them! We met R tracting the week before, and he said it would be ok for us to come back. When we were walking up to their house, Sister O tripped on a crack in the driveway and nearly face planted. It was hilarious. We were cracking up on their doorstep when they answered haha. Anyway, they had very interesting insight and I loved having a doctrinal discussion with them, instead of just teaching a lesson. It was also nice to clear up a lot of misconceptions they had about the Mormon church. It's always so interesting to hear what people think we believe haha. They thought we didn't believe that Christ is the Son of God, that we just thought he was a prophet, and things like that. And we also talked about Adam and Eve a lot, and I think they really enjoyed our insight on things! But they didn't really like that we said that we are the true church of Christ, and the only church that has the Priesthood authority...so we'll talk to them more about that next time! They still want to see us again so that's a good sign haha. And they sent us off with Girl Scout cookies and water bottles!!!! It was like the nicest thing any investigator has done for us!

We also taught K again. I love him sooo much!!! He's hilarious. And he calls us his "little sisters." Isn't that sweet? He really would protect us against anything. Wednesday night we started feeling really sick - like with a cold or the flu. We took a bunch of medicine and went to bed early, and we felt awful!!!

Thursday we woke up with that terrible cold still, and had to stay home again! We were so weak haha. We just medicated and slept all day. It was better having us both be sick though because then I didn't feel bad about making my companion stay home with me.

Friday we still weren't feeling great....but there was work to be done! We had a great day and the weather was lovely. We had two days worth of people to see and teach, so we were busy!

Saturday went really slow...it seemed like everyone we tried to see wasn't home or wasn't interested. Even our usual commitments fell through, and it was so discouraging! We did manage to teach some people though, and we did a lot, but it felt like we didn't really accomplish much. Saturdays can be really great or really hard. People are more likely to be home so tracting is usually more successful, which is great! I love tracting!!! We always have such strange experiences. and it's so fun meeting people and talking to them. And a little weird because if they let us talk to them and share a message, we always ask at the end if we can pray, and most people say yes, so then we are praying on people's doorsteps all day or on the sidewalk or anywhere! Definitely strange.

Saturday night Sister O was calling someone to set up an appointment for the next day, and she left a voicemail and totally said my last name wrong, which threw her off, and then she was distracted when she was leaving the message, and she started to end it by saying "We say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." It was SO FUNNY. She only said "We say" and then she realized what she was doing and freaked out and said "Uhhhh, ok, BYE!" and hung up and threw the phone bahahaha. It was priceless.

Sunday was great! We were fasting and church was wonderful. The testimonies during sacrament meeting were all about Christ and they were very good and powerful. I love good testimony meetings. After church some members had invited us over for a late lunch and that was really fun. Then we went tracting and managed to meet some awesome people and teach them and we got a new investigator! And then we went and saw a couple less-actives who I adore, and we just chatted and had some good lessons with them. Every Sunday night we see the T family. I love them with my whole heart and soul. The mom and her 19 year old were both baptized years ago, but they don't go to church. The dad and the 12 year old boy are not members. They love the missionaries and we literally go every sunday and do like a Family Home Evening with them. We just chat and it's like being home with family. We teach them a lesson and the dad is very open to talking about his beliefs and about our beliefs and just discussing and comparing, but he has different ideas about who God is. They always give us dessert and we play a game or have an activity or something. I adore them. Ahhh I just want to see them every night haha. They're some of the best people I have ever met in my entire life, and I love going over there. I definitely look forward to Sunday nights.

Today has just been a nice p-day. We have to clean and do laundry and prepare for the week, but we also got to go play volleyball at the church. There are always tons of Elders and Sisters that play sports on p-days, so that's fun. And then after dinner at 5 o clock it's back to missionary work and we have people to teach tonight!

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! It's the best thing I have ever done and I love every day I have here. This is where I'm supposed to be, and this is what I am supposed to be doing! The Spirit is so strong, and I know that what I teach people is true. I wouldn't be on a mission if I wasn't sure. I know Heavenly Father truly does love all of His children and He really has restored the church on the earth to provide a way for us to be happy and live with Him again someday. It's amazing!!!!!!

I miss all of you and I love you!!! Stay amazing!

Sister Koenig

No comments:

Post a Comment