Monday, May 18, 2015

Pizza, llamas, and burrito bugs.


Hello everyone! I never know how to start these. Sorry I'm so awkward. It comes with the job.

On Tuesday we had interviews with President! They were fairly uneventful. That night we went on Exchanges and I was with Hermana Allison, but first she had to have her interview with President. She was the last one, and it was getting kind of late. Sister Murdock, my Mission President's wife, had been at the church the entire day just sitting there and she was so bored and tired.  I was in the room with her and we both just laid on the floor and she Facebook stalked former missionaries and told me about what they're all doing in their lives. When President and Hermana Allison came in the room after her interview they started laughing at us, and Sister Murdock turned to me and said "Sister Koenig, that was a first. And I'm sure now you'll always remember laying on the floor for half an hour with me. Now I'm going to go to bed." It was pretty funny and weird.

I learned a lesson this week about the power of prayer. Sister Patera told me on Thursday morning that she was craving pizza. So I said a little prayer that we would get pizza. Well, no one called to offer to buy us pizza at 11am, so we went and each got a large pizza from Dominos (they were on sale. Don't judge us too much). We each ate two slices. Then we went to dinner with members, and lo and behold, they fed us pizza. We each had another two slices. On Friday we ate more of the pizza that we had bought ourselves, for breakfast and lunch and dinner. Then on Saturday we ate more pizza for breakfast, and then went and did service for some members in the ward. Near the end of service they ordered pizza and they ordered a whole large pizza from Pizza Hut just for the two of us, plus cheesy breadsticks and a giant cookie. So we ate some slices there, and then brought the rest home to eat for breakfast and lunch on Sunday. I feel like I'm turning into a slice of pizza. It's kind of disgusting. But I know now, for sure, that God is looking out for me and answering my prayers. I love Him.


We saw B on Tuesday night. I took a picture with his llama, Bok. And then Sister F asked us if we wanted to eat llama when they feed us on the 26th. Of course we said yes!!! So we get to eat the llama that B punched and killed!!! I'm really excited and a little scared.

This is the surviving llama!

The same less-active man who asked us last week if Adam and Eve had belly buttons confused Martin Luther and Martin Luther King Jr. this week. We were teaching about the Restoration and mentioned that many people, like Martin Luther, prepared the way for the Gospel to be restored through Joseph Smith. He said "Martin Luther King Jr. lived not that long ago. How could he have led up to Joseph Smith?" We had to explain that we were talking about Martin Luther, not Martin Luther King Jr.

Our investigator C is doing really great. We were able to teach him this week, and he said he would come to church. The Ward Mission Leader, Brother Christensen, usually drives to C's house to pick him up for church. He literally picks C up and puts him in the truck, and then wheels his chair up a ramp into the bed of the truck. Brother Christensen has some pretty severe back problems though, so it wasn't the best situation. On Wednesday we came up with the idea to ask a recent convert to take Brother Christensen's truck and get C. He's young and strong and it's not a problem for him, plus he's SO GRATEFUL to have a responsibility and a chance to serve. He's so awesome. It worked out perfectly and they were both at church! Woohoo!

We saw C as he was in the parking lot about to enter the building. He said to me "Hey I wasn't able to read those chapters in the Book of Mormon that you asked me to..." and I said "You need to read EVERY DAY! This is your salvation on the line!!!!" and he looked at me for a minute and then said "Just kidding! I read up to chapter 3. HA HA." and scootered away with a maniacal laugh.

We live in a townhouse and our neighbors who share a wall with us are so awesome. It's a single mom in the Delta Ward and her two sons, A (he just turned 5 and he is telling everyone about it) and J (he's two and his nickname is Fatty McNaughty). A got sick with a cold the other day and he came over and said, "I have a cough because there is a little bug inside of me. He's this big (held up his fingers about an inch apart)." I asked "A, what does the bug look like?" and he said "Like a burrito." And then he coughed on me so I got the little burrito bug too.

Me with my  neighbor

Overall it was a pretty good week out here in good ol' Uncompahgre.

Adios!

Sister Koenig

No comments:

Post a Comment