Monday, September 22, 2014

A BUSY WEEK!

This is going to be really long and probably out of order and confusing and I apologize in advance. But this has been an awesome week and a ton of stuff happened and it's overwhelming.

On Tuesday we had a missionary conference for all the missionaries on this side of the mountains. That's a lot of missionaries. Elder Lawrence, a member of the quorum of the seventy, came, and he and his wife spoke to us. For a really long time. And everything they said was amazing. I will try to quickly summarize it, buuuuut I forgot my notes so I'm sorry if it doesn't make much sense. I'll bring my notes next week and write a better email about it, hopefully.

So Sister Lawrence talked to us about the House of Israel. She said that Jesus Christ basically had a mission call where he was assigned to labor among the House of Israel - those who were descendants of Abraham. She showed all this proof for that, like how there was a Canaanite (aka not from the House of Israel) woman who wanted Christ to heal her son and he totally ignored her. His Apostles were like "Dude, what's up, why are you ignoring this girl" and Christ said "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Crazy!!! But then she gave a totally witty response to something he said, and I think He really liked her, so in the end He did heal her son. But that was an exception.

Then He said to His Apostles the thing about "Other sheep I have, which are not of this fold, them also I must bring" etc etc. Well, those sheep are literal descendants from the House of Israel. And He could go to America because they were from the House of Israel, which is who He was assigned to teach on His mission! Then He came to the Americas and taught them, and then told them that there were yet other sheep who he had to see - those from the OTHER lost tribes of Israel!!! Pretty crazy. We don't know where He went after that, but obviously there were other people who saw Him after He was resurrected.

Anyway yeah there was so much more. I'm going to have to send another email about this next week because it seriously blew my mind.

On Friday we had interviews with President Murdock. We usually do those every other transfer, but for some reason the last one was in May. Those can be so scary! I don't know why, because he's always sooo nice, but it just feels like you're in the principal's office or something! He's the best though. And then Friday night, President and Sister Murdock came with us to see a part-member family. The dad is not a member, but the mom is really active and they have 10 kids who are all baptized and active. The dad has been coming to church for like 9 years though, and he totally knows it's true, but he is stubborn and won't admit it because he doesn't want to give up his coffee and tobacco. Lame. The lesson was amazing though. The Spirit was soooo strong, and we taught the Restoration and this guy TOTALLY knows it is true. After the lesson Sister Keavali and I went outside with the Murdocks and they said "You two are amazing! That guy doesn't stand a chance against you Sisters! He'll be baptized within the month!" haha that would be nice, huh!

Yesterday we had our invitation Sunday, where everyone was supposed to invite a friend to church. Sister Keavali and I have pretty much been inviting everyone we talk to! And it totally paid off, because we had a bunch of people come! It helped that Sister Keavali spoke and then the two of us sang "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" because everyone came to support us haha. We probably shouldn't have done both on the same day, because then we would have had two weeks to convince our investigators and less-actives to come out and support us ;P Oh well. It was great though. Sister Keavali did an AMAZING job with her talk. It was probably one of the best missionary talks I have ever heard. I love that girl. Transfers are in two weeks and I'm so worried that I'm going to lose her! I have a terrible feeling that I'm going to be training this next transfer. Eek!

So many other things happened but this email is probably sufficiently long enough...sorry! I hope you're all doing well! Go read through the Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sister Koenig

No comments:

Post a Comment